VEMS V3.8 – Base kit
kr8,158.40 Inkl moms
Assembled, cased VEMS v3
Our leading product with a very strong feature set. Has the ability to control the smallest of engines to the largest you may want to build. Key Features
- Sequential Control of up to 8 banks of injectors
- Built in transistorised coil igniters for up to 8 coils
- Built in Wideband controller
- Turbo friendly features such as Exhaust Gas Temperature, Anti-lag, and boost control
- Configurable control of low and high current drivers for lights, relays and solenoids, including up to 4 solenoids for VVTI / VANOS / Camshaft-angle control (optional: 4 Hi-Side PFET drivers eg. for BMW S54)
- Field upgradable software
- High Quality Case and Sealed Connectors
- Datalogging via serial connection or optional SD card interface
- Advanced Idle Air Control
- Motorsport / experts: Interface for ETC BridgeOutputdriver useful for electronic (drive-by-wire) throttle.
VEMS utilizes an advanced RISC microprocessor and surface mounted component technology, with state of the art electronics to allow you to precisely control your engine. Ask your regional VEMS dealer for more information VEMS is manufactured in the E.U. Sensors VEMS can be configured to use almost any standard OEM sensor for:
- Throttle position
- Coolant temperature
- Air temperature
- Crank and Cam sensors – configurable for the standard OEM configurations such as Ford 36-1, GM/Bosch 60-2, Audi 5 cylinder 135 tooth as well as being customizable for many different timing strategies
- Manifold Pressure through a choice of built-in pressure sensors, or an external OEM type
- External fuel and exhaust pressures
Additionally VEMS also has the built in ability to control:
- Integrated Wideband O2 Controller utilizing the high quality Bosch LSU4 (LSU4.2 or LSU4.9) sensor
- Up to 2 Exhaust Gas Temperature sensors
Drivers/Outputs Throughout the development of VEMS, Customization and versatility has been the focus. The number of driver channels are as plentiful as the ways of configuring their operation. Outputs can be triggered by temperature, RPM, throttle position, or air pressure. 6 Low current drivers providing control for relays (fuel pump, fan, water pump) or lights (shift light, activation light, MIL) 8 High Current solenoid drivers that can be configured to control:
- Fuel Injectors
- Variable cam timing solenoids (VANOS, VTEC, VVT etc)
- Idle air controllers
- Nitrous solenoids
- Boost controllers
VEMS features an advanced injector control system, which can control high impedence injectors with incredible precision. Coil drivers are built in and can be specified when purchasing a unit, up to 8 ignition coil drivers can be fitted, which can be configured to run single coils, wasted spark coil packs or Coil On Plugs. Because the coil control is built in VEMS has full control with coil charge/dwell times
- 8: all 8 ignition channels are configured with built-in ignition driver controlling the ground of a coil. This is recommended for 8 cyl fully sequential (non-wasted-spark) ignition with traditional coils. Also popular for 5 cyl setups and 6cyl COP install.
- 6+2: 6 IGBT + 2 logic-level : Suitable for up to 12cyl wasted spark, up to 6 cyl fully sequential ignition, while also suitable for the 4cyl active wasted spark modules
- 4+4: 4 IGBT + 4 logic-level output
- 2+6: 2 IGBT + 6 logic-level output
- 0: 0 IGBT + 8 logic-level output (useful for 8cyl fully sequential with active coils)
- “active flyback” is a must for low-Z injectors (universal: can be used for high-Z too)
- or “High-Z only 30V flyback” for high-Z injectors only.
- Low-Voltage is obsolete (not recommended, except for those who know exactly what they are doing, or replacement of old ECU with similar option if re-tuning VE is not an option.
Hi side 4 PFETs:
- If no “ETC bridgeoutput interface” then Hi-side outputs are p259/4,5,6,7 (EC36/pin3,15,31,30)
- If “ETC bridgeoutput interface”>0 then Hi-side outputs are from the bridge ( controlled by p259/2,3,4,5 via the flying loom SSC connector – please configure one at a time in VT as MISC2 output, toggle “inverted” and verify by measurement ; the relevant EC36 outputs are low-current low-side switches )
additional Low side NFETs:
- Might be inverted (eg. usually, if controlled from p259/xx channels; see the included paper, and ) measure with DVM, +5V or +12V as a base ; Test from VemsTune, eg. via MISC2 output => toggle invert ON/OFF
Specify the engine model (which does not, by itself, make it a “special request”, and it is non-binding; but allows some chance of catching mis-specification early). Special request Examples:
- BMW S54 dual-VANOS engine: VR, HALL, HALL + 4 * PFET high-side switches for the 4 hydraulic cam-actuator solenoids
- BMW S50 or S52 dual-VANOS engine: VR, VR, VR + 4 * PFET high-side switches for the 4 hydraulic cam-actuator solenoids.
- Do NOT write misleading information in the order comment. Eg. if you write just “BMW S50” we assume VR,VR,VR + 4 PFETs needed; If S50 engine is modified (eg. camsensor donated from M50 ) specifying S50 is misleading without further details (preferrably on wiki page)
- “Preferrably leave 2 (or N…) custom (mcp3208) analog inputs without internal pullup resistor” (most analog inputs, by default, are equipped with internal pullup to +5V for installer convenience, but some sensors, like most pressure sensors are easier to install withOUT internal pullup).